Irkutsk is getting ready for celebrating New Year. As you know, Russia celebrates New Year first and the Orthodox Christmas later on Jan. 7th.
The City Hall has already developed the style of the holiday’s banners and decoration. The main detail of this upcoming NY celebration will be the white star. The same style must be followed and applied in city building decorations.
Via Irk.ru (in Russian)
Learn more about Lake Baikal.
- A Tourist Train on Trans-Baikal Railway [news + photos]
- A powerful Voronezh-M radar activated in Irkutsk region, Russia’s Siberia
- What is the Best Season for Visiting Lake Baikal, Siberia / Russia?
- A new Moscow to Beijing tourist train began its first 2-week Trans-Siberian railway trip
- Lake Baikal’s giant telescope to unravel the Milky Way mystery